Monday 7 January 2013

My Attempt At Bokeh

I read that this was easy to do and I suppose it is but you really do need a manual focusing lens. I only had an automatic and it was very hard for me to achieve the bokeh effect. 

 Here is a great example of what the bokeh effect should look like, seen here in a heart shape:

(Image: The Photo Guide)
The site where the above image is from also has a great tutorial detailing how to achieve this effect 

Here are my results:

Cosy

This was my best result

A circle of  'hearts'

Closer to birds than hearts

I tried to create a heart shape but you can create all sorts of shapes including stars, circles, squares, musical notes... I even saw one with the apple logo.

I think I will be getting a proper lens for my camera so next time it will be easier and I can go bokeh crazy whenever I'm near fairy lights!

Have you ever tired bokeh? If not, why not give it a go and create some stunning photographs.

xx

No comments: