Wednesday 27 June 2012

Harem Tent Bedroom Drapes

So I wanted to have a neutral full length skirt to wear all summer but the only one I found that I liked was from American Apparel and cost over £50 (on my budget, ha! I wish). I decided to make my own - I will post about making it when I get round to it in the next week. I went shopping and bought some lovely fabric that drapes beautifully from the scraps basket. Only I couldn't stop buying and ended up with three 5/6 metre lengths of each (and each of those cost only £4 each, bargain!).

I've always liked bed canopies and thought I'd have a go at making my own. I dread to think how long it will last around my boyfriend and a cat...

Mine was basically hung from my light fitting around a metal hoop made from an old hanger. I draped the fabric around this and secured both ends to the bed knobs with hair elastic. It's only temporary but it will do for now until I can get ceiling hooks put up.

Here are a few images of it before it's destroyed

(First attempt before the metal hoop)






I put it up at 5pm... let's see how long it lasts...

x

No comments: